Ahhhh, my 100th post :)
I upgraded my MacBook to Leopard last night, here’s what I did :
- Wait until Leopard’s first update.
- Backup my Installer CD to a DMG file using Disk Utility, put the disc away in a safe place.
- Set up an external HD with two partitions, one of about 8 GIG for the installer, the other large enough for a backup of my MacBook.
- Restore the Installer DMG to the 8 GIG partition using Disk Utility and verify it.
- Boot from the new Installer partition.
- From the installer, switch to Disk Utility, repair the MacBook’s disk.
- Restore the MacBook’s disk to the large partition on the external drive and verify it.
- Check the backup boots OK. (Or, AT LEAST check it comes up in the Startup Disk panel!!)
- Perform the actuall install, I chose to do an “Archive and Install”. It worked fine !!